The past decade has witnessed an increase in technology awareness with a prime focus on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in recent times. Its implementation & usage, especially in the industries involving interactions between humans & technology has been ever increasing. It is a consensus among the tech leaders that bringing and deploying AI in various functions & processes is one of the probable solutions to minimize the mundane work and increase the efficiency of the workforce. In fact, 64% of the participants who participated in a study conducted in 2019 were of an opinion that a machine or robot may prove to have better supervision and managerial skills in the future.
When the idea of technologies like Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning started floating in the past, concerns among employees w.r.t their job security was rife. Off late, workers have been more optimistic about using AI in the workplace & are continuously exploring how they can upskill to collaborate with machines in the future
‘To AI or not to AI’ is although still a debatable question but most thoughtful leaders would agree that sooner than later, they must bridge the human & machine intelligence gap. Organization cultures eventually would need to soak in the fact that AI technology is the next in-thing & is here to stay. The idea to make Machine & Human intelligence work in tandem would open the employees & organizations to a plethora of opportunities.
We at XLPAT, have always believed in using the advantage of a blend of human & machine intelligence to create synergistic results. This has not only allowed us to reap the benefits of technology accelerating our internal processes, procedures, and workflows but has also been preparing the entire organization for future transitions, as they occur.
In the context of HR, we have been developing internal ERP modules from scratch for a while now. We have conceptualized & created an end to end employee lifecycle management product comprising of ATS, Employee File, T &D, Appraisals, Employee Letters, Business Communication & Exit Modules. This comprehensive platform is under continuous improvement and extends to other core functions of the business including Marketing, Sales, Data Mining, Finance, Accounts, Operations, R & D, Software Development, etc.
Our efforts to bring transformation resulting from the introduction of technology have not only helped in making the task execution faster & accurate but have enabled our employees as well organization to do our bit towards reducing the paper usage in Organisational Processes & Documentations. Eventually, we have drastically reduced the carbon footprint and are ‘Going Greener’ with each passing year. The next-gen versions of the platform are expected to welcome AI inclusions in various domains to keep it relevant to the everchanging business needs.
The future of AI in HR would be on similar lines:
- AI in HR will help the journey of workplace become personalized right from the very start- from job role to defining skill set to proactively suggesting any skill gaps that exist, training recommendations, and much more.
- AI can be a crucial player in critical decision making. AI-driven decision making would minimize or eliminate any biases or preconceived notions. Thus, it may not only improve the working relationship between a worker and a manager but also would empower the managers to execute their duties more competently.
- AI software that automatically sends, receives, updates the relevant information without giving the headache of repeating the errands.
- Relevant task assignments based on the skill set of employees, previous track records, and personal preferences will present the right platform to the employees & management to depute the right task force for a project.
- Coaching chat boxes and suggestions boxes with anonymous replies for smooth work-in-progress would be good to identify loopholes in the system.
- Using real-time analytics managers could track the working hours put by the employee, leaves taken, open shifts, efficiency, unplanned schedules, and many other problems that can be dealt well before they even arise to the surface.
- The relationship of humans and machines would slowly be changing and may reach a point where AI manages expectations of the teams at remote locations with minimum supervision of Managers.
- AI can pave ways for creating systems that are self-sustaining without needing manual intervention.
Nowadays, more than ever, so many human interactions are possible due to ever upgrading technology becoming part of the workplace. The technology has helped workplaces across the globe to leverage the current COVID-19 crisis and evolve into remote work from home models at command. The introduction of AI in the HR & other organizational functions in near future will not only bring a massive change in the way people work but also would change the way people perceive various support functions i.e. as Proven Business Enablers.